Day 13: Entering the Next Level


When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. First time I stumbled on this quote was like 15 years ago. Never knew what it meant back then but now realized how true it is in real life. Being an engineer is never easy. As far as the sky if compared with the typical 9 to 5 clerical desk job. The working environment is constantly changing and  gets tougher as you get better. This is what I experienced today. 

As usual I arrived in Puchong at 8am and had breakfast nearby (office opens at 9am) but today I found a new "lepak" (hangout) place near the office, at the mosque. The mosque is very new. Less than a year old I presume. Or maybe less than 6 months because its not on Google Maps and the interior is very new. Its situated at the hilltop overlooking Puchong city. Its very serene and peaceful at the mosque. I updated my logbook at the mosque and relaxed myself after an hour of driving. Here's the view from my hangout spot:



On the contrary, today is far from relaxing. Went out the whole day and feeling exhausted right now. In the morning Mr. James brought us to revisit the food factory in Shah Alam to install a counter device. Its the same factory that has a clean room I mentioned last week. This time we have back-up that is the technician from the company that makes the counter that we are going to install. But still, it took them a few hours to figure out the problem and rectify it. I did learn some new things along the way.

Then we went for lunch. Mr. James brought us to Mc Donalds for lunch!! Thanks a million Mr. James! You are so kind!!

After enjoying our meals, without further a due, we went to revisit the furniture factory in Kepong to install and troubleshoot two inverters. This time all the wiring, programming and installation is done by me and my collie. Most of the wiring part is done by my collie. Its quite confusing with all that wire inside the control panel. I find it difficult to determine which wire in the control panel controls the relay, motor and the switch. I guess that I'm not learning fast enough. Like I said, when you get better, the job gets more difficult. Unfortunately I damaged one of the potentiometer but lucky me, Mr. James has brought a compatible potentiometer and I have to replace it with his potentiometer. Sorry Mr. James!  I seriously hope that this will be the first and the last of such incident! Not done yet, we have to make sure the motors controlled by the inverters work in accordance with the customer's needs. After a few program codes and wiring, the factory supervisor is satisfied (finally!). Arrived at the office at 7.30pm and I arrived home at 8.06pm. Was speeding despite the hectic traffic..can't wait to get home!

posted under , |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers