Day 15: Hard-Earned Cash

The most joyful day of any employee is none other than PAYDAY! Its where all that sweat and hard-work is monetized. I did not requested for any allowance or even asked whether I will be paid at all during the interview so I was not hoping for anything. This afternoon I was told by Miss Goh that I will receive my allowance today! Yaaaaay~!! I'm on cloud nine~! She told me that my allowance is RM350 a month but since I started on the 12th, she gave me two hundred sixty something paid in cheque. My first paycheck! However, I feel quite reluctant to cash it out because it means a lot to me but only a doofus would do that..maybe I'll scan and frame it somewhere in my room just to bring back memories.

Its not the sum of money that counts. Its the feeling of being appreciated that matters. That paycheck is like an indirect way of saying "You've done a good job this month. Keep it up and here's your reward!". I really want to thank my employer especially Mr. James for exposing me to all the meaningful experiences, paying for my lunch and giving allowance without even hinting for any return. Thank you!

Ok that's just half the story for today. Today's activity is an extension of yesterday's activity. More like the advanced chapters of inverters. Me and my collie was asked to learn and troubleshoot some inverter cards. The cards are basically an additional chipset to enable some advanced functions of the inverter. They  are optional and purchased separately depending on the customer's requirements. There are five types if I'm not mistaken. Each card has a specific function like PID control, feedback control, multiple motor control and output display. Here's how it is connected:



And these are some other types of inverter cards:



Towards the evening Mr. James gave me an interesting assignment. He asked me and my collie to output the rpm of the motor to an external display. Quite a challenging task at the beginning because I never knew the inverter has such function. I don't know what or which part in the instruction manual I should refer to. After a few minutes Mr. James came to my desk to check my progress. Then after I started asking questions, Mr. James slowly guided me on which port of the inverter to use and how to setup the inverter to output the values. Here's the setup:



The panel meter is connected to the analog output of the inverter and the value is the quantized and displayed. I think its just like the Analog-Digital Conversion function found in microcontrollers. At first the values at the panel meter was zero point something even when the inverter is activated. I don't know what its displaying but then I figured out that the value at the panel meter can be prescaled. After some calculations, I found the magic number. 3.647. Modified the prescale value and some other functions in the panel meter and presto~ solution found! But the value at the display somehow veers off at low rpm values but dead accurate at mid to high rpm. But that should do. 

The week is over! And so does April. Went back at 5pm but traffic was horrendous! It took me more than 1 hour 20 minutes to reach home. But with that paycheck in my possession (for now), I can still smile at the end of the journey. To all employees out there, Happy Labor Day! Enjoy your paycheck! You deserve it! 

posted under |

1 comment:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers