Day 14: Time is Running Out


Yes, time is running out! For me, that is. My collie will be leaving the company by the end of next week! I'm not sure whether I have learned enough and I'm not sure whether Mr. James will hire another intern to replace him.

No fieldwork today. Spent the whole day troubleshooting a faulty customer's inverter and a few counter devices. My work is mainly concentrated on the inverter. The inverter was sent to us by post. This inverter requires a 415V AC power supply. The normal household power supply is only 240V so I have to use a transformer to step-up the voltage. For safety reasons, the transformer is hidden inside a box and placed under the table. Here's the picture of the transformer used in this activity:



After the wiring part is done, the inverter is powered up. But after a couple of seconds running in Drive Mode, the overheat protection kicks in and stops the inverter immediately. It seems that the cooling fan of the inverter is faulty. Discarded the fan and modified the wiring. Then the inverter is reset and powered up again. This time the inverter runs smoothly without the overheat problem. This activity confirms that only the fan is faulty and the inverter is perfectly fine. Big save in maintenance cost here. Then Mr. James asked me and my collie to test all the ports of the inverter including the relay ports to spot any flaw in the inverter if there's any. Here's the setup:



The motor is three phase so I have to determine what type of connection to use, either Wye or Delta connection. Since the inverter is powered by a 415V AC, so the proper connection would be the Wye connection. The connection is modified at the top panel of the motor. Its not visible from the picture above.

Mr. James asked me and my collie to test the timer function of the inverter, test the relay outputs and that was it. Went back at 5.15pm and traffic was smooth. 

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers