Day 38 & 39: The Approaching Storm


Getting lazy to update this blog daily..but its not compulsory anyway so no harm done. Ok lets start off with activities I did yesterday morning. Me and Mr. James went to deliver some items to two big factories in Petaling Jaya. Both factories are actually the main manufacturing plants of a famous food and body care products in the market! But we did not went into the manufacturing plant. Just at the technician's room to deliver the items. Security is tight! The security guard at the first factory is not friendly at all! He even scolded me for not wearing safety shoes! But he's just doing his job. No hard feelings.

Went back to the office after lunch and soon after I was given an inverter and asked to connect its transistor output terminal to a relay. Then he asked me to connect another relay that is used to run the inverter by connecting it to the inverter switch. The setup is shown below.



This is actually to simulate the problem we encountered in the Cheras labeling factory I went into last week. The PSU is to simulate the state of a PLC signal (on or off). Not much problem encountered and I managed to connect all the relays and the PSU and get it to work just like how Mr. James wants.

Enough for yesterday. In the morning today Mr. James went out so I got almost nothing to do in the office. Then at around 11.30am Mr. James asked me to go to a rubber factory to assist one of his technician to solve a DC drive related problem in the factory. Its the same rubber factory I went into on Day 1 of my blog. 

The DC drive is actually similar to an inverter but it outputs DC voltage to run a motor. The problem is the motor is not running when it is powered up. This is due to a fault on the rotary encoder connected to the drive. The technician opened the encoder cable casing and found that one of the wire in it has been disconnected! So I soldered the wire and then the factory technician took over and plugged in the cable casing into the encoder. The machine is powered up and the motor is running! For a minute there I thought that the problem was solved and I could go back early but to my dismay, when the factory technician turned on a switch, the motor at the end of it did not run!

Mr. James technician tried his best to solve this problem but was unable to do so because the instruction manual for the DC drive is not available. He will come revisit this problem tomorrow morning with me. Went back at 5.30pm from Shah Alam and traffic was already abnormal. Quite a stressful day today. I was standing for hours observing the technician! 

posted under , , |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers