Day 46: Nightmare is Over


As stated yesterday, two big events occurred today. New collie's first day and the visiting supervisor. Was quite nervous for the lecturer visit..I don't know what to expect! She promised to meet me and Mr. James at the office around 10am. Few minutes past ten, she was at the door. Mr. James was busy so I enlightened her with what I do in this internship and introduced to her all the devices and controllers that I have learnt.

As soon as Mr. James was available, we (me and the lecturer) went into Mr. James office to discuss about my performance so far. Thankfully I only received positive remarks from Mr. James and the lecturer was quite intrigued with what the company sells especially PLCs since there's no dedicated subject about PLC. Moreover there is a very good career prospect in PLC and automation engineering nowadays. All in all, the visit went well.

Shortly after lunch and Zohor prayer I was asked to go to the cereal factory in Balakong to install a potentiometer and configure the Telemechanique inverter to use the potentiometer to control the speed of the motor. Mr. James won't be coming along. Its just me and the new guy.

I forgot to mention one activity in the morning..In the morning me and my collie was given another variant of the Telemechanique inverter to try to configure it to use the external potentiometer as the speed controller similar to the Balakong factory problem. But still, we can't configure it to enable the external potentiometer! This just adds up my hatred towards this brand of inverter! It was until Mr. James called one of his friends who's an expert in this brand. Finally! The potentiometer works! Want to know why I was unable to solve that problem? Its because some of the program codes are NOT in the manual!!!

But at least now me and my collie are well prepared for the Balakong factory problem. I now know what program codes to change and so forth. So we went to the factory and the appointment with the factory technician was at 2.30pm. But I took a wrong turn and ended up in Cyberjaya near MMU!! I need a GPS NOW!!! Lucky my collie is from MMU and he guided me to the road to The Mines and from there I know which junction to take. We end up arriving at the factory 30 minutes late!

I managed to get the correct program setting about half an hour later. And I did it without the help of the manual! Its useless anyway! I just recalled the needed program codes, followed my hunch and suddenly the potentiometer comes alive! Drilled a hole to fit the potentiometer and were done! Demonstrated the speed control method to the machine operator and asked him whether the speed is sufficient. He said OK and the factory technician is happy. It was 4pm when all of it is done and we were given the green light by Mr. James to go home!

The factory technician seem to be quite impressed judging by his facial expression. Two young dudes casually walks into the factory with a set of tools, fixing a complicated device with very little problems. He smiled every time we looked at him! What a great day! Its like a buffer to Friday's blunder!

I'll be home alone for today and tomorrow because my parents and some of my neighbors went to Singapore for a holiday! Too bad I can't follow them! Could really use a vacation right now.. 

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers