Day 45: My Worst Nightmare!


Just finished writing four weeks of entries in my logbook! Finally its done! I'm ready for the lecturer visit tomorrow! Oh, I forgot. My lecturer called me last Friday informing that she will come to visit me and interview Mr. James tomorrow morning. She sounded very friendly on the phone. Lets just hope that I will get good remarks from Mr. James despite the fact that I've made a BIG mistake last friday..I still have that guilt! The story about that on the next paragraph.

Ok here goes..Last Friday I was given a PLC device by Mr. James and he asked me to upload the program. But I stroke the wrong icon and the whole program inside the PLC was wiped clean!! The program inside is very very important and impossible to re-design in one day! I should have asked Mr. James before I pressed any icons on the screen!! The guilt at that moment was unbearable!!

Was speechless at that moment too. My voice tone suddenly change. My worst nightmare has come true! I thought this kind of mistake would never surface ever in my life! I guess that I was not careful enough. But my supervisor doesn't seem to be as devastated as I am..

Even professionals make mistakes. Steve Irwin DIED while he was off-guard just a few seconds and got stung by a sting ray! At least the mistake I did did not caused any harm to myself. A ladder diagram can be re-build, but one's life once lost, lost forever.

Even so, I still have the guilt knowing that Mr. James would have to go through a lot of hassle dealing with the customer because of my mistake. I am terribly sorry, Mr. James!! If only I could turn back time!! If only it was just a horrible dream!!

Mr. James went out shortly after I came back from Friday prayer. Later in the evening Miss Goh eased my guilt by saying, "Its OK, he can handle it..Learn from your mistakes..". Yes that is absolutely true. I MUST learn from my mistakes. Mistakes are like pain. It alerts you whenever something is not right and demands you to do something about it to ease the pain. 

Two big things going to happen tomorrow. New collie and a lecturer visit! I have anticipated for both events for so long! Remember last time I said that I can only "wait for either" events to occur? I didn't expect them to occur simultaneously! Oh, the irony..

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers