Day 40: Three Quarters of a Pie


Been there, done that. Yup, that's just perfect to summarize my experiences so far. Been into many factories in Puchong, Shah Alam, Sungai Buloh and many more. In fact, there's too many of them, I need to re-read this blog from Day 1 to list down all of them! Most of the time its about inverter installation but occasionally its about installing controller modules. Great experience and a remarkable achievement of myself now that I have hit the three-quarter mark of my internship.

In the morning a guy from Italy came in..oh wait, I don't think I can disclose any further but what I say is that it was a great experience being able to mingle and laugh together with a foreigner! Now he knows how friendly and courteous we Malaysians are! Too bad the cab service is awful according to him. Otherwise it would have been a perfect day!

After Friday prayer Mr. James went out without me so I don't have any technical work to do. But not for long. Ten or fifteen minutes later Miss Goh asked me to test an inverter. A replacement inverter actually. The older inverter has got an error and unable to operate. I checked the error code and it turns out to be an over-voltage issue. Miss Goh asked me to check the replacement inverter whether it has the same problem. The setup is shown below:



I connected it to a motor to make sure that error doesn't pop out. The motor is delta connected since the power supply of the inverter is 230VAC. Here's the motor just to add some colour to this post:



Actually I used the magnetic contactor as a connector from the motor wires to the inverter because the motor port is too small for the motor cable to fit in. I connected the motor wires to a smaller wire via the magnetic contactor. Then I activated the inverter and let the motor run at a very high speed for a short while to make sure the over-voltage issue does not exist on this unit. This unit is actually a brand-new unit so I really have to be careful not to spoil it.

Actually I missed an important event in the morning. A formal looking guy came into the office. Its the new guy! Another intern! He came in for the interview. Yay now I won't be alone anymore! He will start on Monday and according to Miss Goh, we'll be going for a fieldwork on Monday to install a Hitachi inverter in Serdang. At least now I won't be sweating too much..haha

Just for fun, below is a picture of a thermocouple. It is connected to a temperature controller and the thermocouple will expand when it receives heat and this expansion is translated into signals that is sent to the temperature controller and it will display the exact temperature.



A lot of electronic products are sold here. I am sure they are going to be useful for my Project 1 and 2 subjects later. Simple, practical devices used in factories to automate machines and eliminate human dependency thus reducing cost and maximizing quality. PLCs, power supplies, motor drives, controllers and even multimeters are sold here. Anything industrial, Speed Drives and Automation Sdn. Bhd. has it all.

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers