Day 47 & 48: Sifu Can U Teach Him?


Yes, that's right. Just like what Miss Goh said, "Wah, now you're the Sifu aa!". Not to brag but it feels great to be a "senior" member in the company. More responsibility means more challenge! Sometimes its fun especially the teaching part! I love to teach. And when I teach, I teach enthusiastically! Some of my friends back at the university love the way I taught them and often seek for my help in their studies! Its been a pleasure doing that. I secretly feel proud of myself every time they say, "Kucing..err..Sifu, boleh tolong ajar camne nak buat soalan ni tak?"

On Tuesday I taught my collie about how to program the green Sanken Inverter, one of my favorite inverter. I told him that the first thing to look for in the manual is the circuit diagram and the terminal names. Then I showed him the control box and explained what it is used for. After connecting the potentiometer and the control box, I taught him about the programming. Gosh, its MUCH simpler than that pathetic Telemechanique inverter! Just ONE program code and the potentiometer is alive!

After lunch we were given a DC drive by Mr. James and asked to try it out and check the output voltage. But when we power up the drive, the output voltage is only half the maximum voltage when the potentiometer is at maximum. This implies that when a motor is connected to it, when the potentiometer is at maximum, the speed is only half that of the rated speed of the motor. Tried adjusting all the knobs at the drive but to no avail.

No fieldwork on Tuesday so we spent the rest of the day browsing the catalogs and manuals inside the laptop.

Today is mostly about PLC. We encountered problems installing the software needed to program the Siemens PLC. At the brink of solving all of the problems but we looked at the time, it was almost 5pm and Miss Goh asked us to go home at 5pm so we tidy up the table and went back.

Tomorrow I have no choice but to take half-day leave. I need to renew my P driving licence and its been due since yesterday. There goes my clean attendance record! D'oh!!!


posted under , |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers