Day 55: A New Beginning


That's it! Today (Friday) marks the end of my 3-month industrial training period. Not exactly 3 months or 60 days because I started the internship one week late but it should satisfy all of the requirements. Even if I wanted to extend the period, I can't because I only have one extra week to complete a 50-page (minimum) report and a presentation video before the new semester starts.

Fifty-five days of adventure is over. It was great while it lasted. At some point I felt that I was a permanent employee there. I was quite reluctant to leave the company. I had a mixed feeling when I walked out the door for the last time. One part I'm happy to escape the horrendous morning and evening traffic and the occasional stressful moments while working. The other part of me was grieving for all the memories and achievements I gained there. The thing I like being an intern here is that everyday I learn new things even when I have almost nothing to do. The office has everything you need to learn!

Fifty-five days of training can really make a difference in one's personality and knowledge. Timid and naive, yup, that's me when I first entered this company. Don't even know what an inverter is. But look at me now! I can talk about inverters from the inside-out! Not just one brand but practically any brand you can think of! Interpersonal skills? Heck! I've talked to an Italian businessman before! I'm not trying to impress anyone but I'm appreciating for all the opportunities given to me to refine my characteristics.

Alhamdulillah, God has given me health and convenience to work in great shape. Fifty-five days and no MCs. Quite an achievement not everyone can acquire. On top of that I was NEVER late for work despite the huge distance between my house and the office. Except there was one day when I have to send my dad to office first before coming to work and I was late for fifteen minutes. This is the two criterion employers seek and value the most, discipline and punctuality.

No more fieldwork, just reminiscing my memories back in April and May. The new collie truly fills "the loneliness void in me" after one month of being the only intern there. We talked a lot, exchanged jokes and helped eachother during fieldwork. Eventhough I'm a loner type of person, I do need someone to help me out in whatever I do or even when I'm lonely. But now he has to take my place for the rest of his internship period and I hope all the things I've taught him is enough for him to endure the days to come.

Mr. James gave me one last component to try out, the area sensor. Here's the setup:



The sensor emits an array of invisible lasers and when any of them is blocked, it will send an "ON" signal to the output whether its a relay or an emergency stop button.

Around 4.50pm one of Mr. James relatives who work at an oil and gas company (I think) came to the office to negotiate something with Miss Goh. He talked to me how the REAL working life is like. He said even the best of workers especially newcomers can turn awful because there WILL be a group of senior workers who will persuade the juniors to do bad things like fake MCs, low work quality and things like that. What a great advice! I will definitely take note of that once I graduate later!

Finally, with a feeling of reluctance, I walked out of the office for the last time. My adventure here has ended. Now comes a new challenge, to finish my degree hopefully, with flying colors. But now its a new beginning, now that I'm armed with knowledge and experience. I would like to thank Speed Drives and Automation Sdn. Bhd. particularly Mr. James for giving me the opportunity to learn! And thank you for all the Nasi Lemak Rendang Ayam and McD treats! Thank You so very much!!!

This Blog is officially CLOSED. Thanks for reading!!


posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers