Day 50: The Last of Everything


Fifty working days! The transformation is almost complete! Transformation to a better person that is. Before the internship I used to be very timid, naive and do not know how to approach new people especially people that are older and far more experienced than me. But that's history! Every factory I went into I learnt new things, communication skills in particular. From the security guard to an Italian businessman. Most of them are very friendly and never under-estimated me especially Mr. Jamal from the Sungai Besi glass factory and the Italian guy whom I mingled with as if he was a local citizen! My principle now is simple, "The heck with it! Go and tell him what you want lah!" Or in a well mannered terms, "forget all of your flaws, just approach and talk to that person directly but make sure you keep a friendly tone"

We were supposed to go to the label factory in Cheras today but it was postponed to Tuesday. I'm not sure what is the cause. Again, no fieldwork today. Mr James went out without us around 12pm and we got almost nothing to do. But later Miss Goh gave us a few assignments to fill up the time. We helped her to search about the specifications of a few products and help select a compatible model for a proximity sensor that came from a different brand.

Went out for lunch and Friday prayer at 12.40pm and resumed our assignments after that. The most stressful part of the assignment is when the product that we need to search is no longer in production so all the reference materials and technical details is buried with it. And some of the websites are in foreign language but thanks to Google Translate, I was able to get some useful information from the website. Despite the drawbacks, we finally managed to finish all of the assignments!

Around 4.15pm I was asked to deliver an item to a courier branch near Tesco Puchong. It was an urgent delivery so I quickly opened Google Maps and find out the best route to get there. Miss Goh told me that I can go home after the delivery is done. Drove straight to the designated location but a few turns before reaching there, I forgot which junction to turn to because there were so many of them! But lucky me, my instinct was correct all the way and found the road on the address. Phew~

Managed to beat the rush hour traffic and arrived home at 5pm! The earliest arrival time so far!

Time to get emotional..Now that I've worked here for a full ten weeks I can feel that there's some sort of bonding between me and the company. Like a family. Sometimes I felt like I'm a permanent worker here! I can't believe that I will "resign" at the end of the week! The journey so far is indeed meaningful and when I read back all the post in April and May, my tears start falling off! Sweet memories! But out of my control, this endeavor is coming to an end.

The last of everything. Its all going to happen this week. Last factory visit, last breakfast at the restaurant, last ride in Mr. James's car, last conversation with the factory technician, last moments "playing" with the inverter, last drive home from Bandar Bukit Puchong..Do I sound like I'm going to meet God? Lets NOT picture it that way..Seriously! Just expressing my emotions..

Oh, no..the kids are back! Traffic will be "back to normal"!! The merciless heavy volume of traffic is back! I'll have to speed up and tailgate everyone again!! Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers