Day 20: One-Over-Three

Shoot! I'm two days late! This post was supposed to be published two days ago! The reason is that I was involved with an activity in UNITEN yesterday. My beloved club, Persatuan Pembimbing Rakan Sebaya (PRSUNITEN) organized the Training of Trainers to prepare the committees for "Program Pintar". I was handling an activity similar to "explorace" together with the President and a few other committees. It was a great day!

I have successfully completed one-third of my internship! Status report: no broken equipment, full attendance, no "I can't take this anymore!!" attitude..yup, I'm still in good shape. Last Friday also happens to be my collie's last day in the office! I'll be all alone next week!

Summary of Friday's activity, I learned how to connect two power supplies in series to amplify its voltage and I learned about the Panasonic PLC and its programmer.

The power supply is actually an inverter. In converts a 240V AC to 48V DC but the output voltage can be adjusted up to 56V. The customer wants a 110V DC output so we connected two of them in series and adjusted the voltage. The setup is shown below:


Then I learned about the Panasonic PLC. The technique is pretty similar to a microcontroller. The PLC is connected to the PC with a serial cable, the program can then be uploaded and modified and downloaded back to the PLC. The only major difference is the programming language. The ladder diagram can be very difficult for beginners like me. 
Now that my collie has left the company, I'll be all alone for a while. Mr. James is still looking for interns to replace him. I am not very confident but hopefully everything that I learned from my collie is enough for the days ahead. Whatever that doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

posted under , |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers