Day 26: A Monumental Task

It's Monday again! But this time its different. Today I went for two MAJOR fieldwork. One in Puchong and the other in Sungai Besi. Oh my God I'm incredibly tired right now! No pictures today so I'll try to keep it short.

Remember the pipe factory I visited last Friday? Me and my boss revisited that factory to resume our work on installing the new inverter. But the inverter that we are going to install is twice that of the old Telemechanique inverter due to motor rating. Lucky me, the factory owner agreed on the use of an eastern-made inverter. The inverter is INVT inverter from China. I'm used to this brand so the programming is like a walk-in-the-park. No, wait, that's too easy. Its like winning Call of Duty 5 on easy difficulty. Yeah, that's more like it. Ok back to the story.

So we arrived and unplugged the wires from the old inverter and connect it to the new inverter and modify the parameters in accordance with the needs of the person in charge of the machine. After he is satisfied, we proceed to the installation. A few holes are drilled, the inverter mounted into place, assembled the wires and the machine is powered up. After all the discrepancies solved and obtained the green light from the guy, its all DONE. Another satisfied customer. The whole process took about two hours. I did about 85% of the installation and programming so I was quite tired at the end of it.

Not done yet, we went straight to Sungai Besi..no, wait..After that we went for a detour to the office to pick up my car. Me and Mr. James went to Sungai Besi by convoy. We arrived at the glass manufacturing factory after about 30 minutes. We were called in because one of the inverter in the control panel has malfunctioned. The faulty inverter is from Delta Electronics, we replaced it with the INVT inverter that coincidentally has almost the same dimensions. This second fieldwork really gets the sweat out of me. Its just like last Thursday's fieldwork but twice the difficulty and duration because I need to re-wire the inverter due to the differences in wiring positions of both inverters.

After all that sweat drilling, wiring and installing the new inverter, Its ready to be powered up. Now a new problem arises. There are two switches connected to the inverter. The switch controls the motor that slides a 100kg glass plate to another conveyor. The problem is that we cannot configure the inverter so that the motor stops when either switch are off. Tried almost everything but failed to come up with a solution. So we plan to revisit the factory again tomorrow since its already 9.30pm. The installation part took about three hours. We kept pondering about the problem up until 9.30pm. I was at the brink of giving up at that point because I was too exhausted. But I push myself to persevere and try to stay sober. Thank God I managed to survive the day and managed to drive home safely.

I still get that "Wah you look so young!" impression from people I meet. This time its from the factory supervisor. He asked, "awak umur berapa tahun?" I answered, "Err..22 tahun.." and he replied, "Ooh..ingatkan 18 tahun tadi.." Do I really look THAT young? For your information, I never shaved my "misai" or moustache (is it correct?) yet..

Was speeding all the way back. Tailgated every single car on the right lane ALL THE WAY. Can't wait to get back! My mum made "Nasi Lemak" for me back home. Can't wait to get it in my stomach after savoring that unbeatable sambal taste on my tongue! My (used to be my mum's) seven year old (or is it eight?) car is still a great car to drive! Still feels like new. She handles well, the speed and acceleration is good. No breakdown in the last few years! Who says Proton makes such a bad car? That is so untrue! For me, at least. Sleep well, Waja Kesayangan Ku..

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers