Day 30: Half-way Through!!!

Time really flows when you're enjoying yourself! Like I said in the early days of my internship, time flows like a rapid river. But now the "drowning" part is no longer an issue because I am quite used to the nature of work here. Yesterday was quite a historical day for me, now that I've got only 30 days left of my internship and the "activeness" of this blog. Looking back on Day 1, I was like "Err..how to test the inverter??", "Err..what is that, Sir? How to use it??". I was very dependent on my collie but its totally different now, "Ok its done, Sir! Lets power it up!", "I can do that! No problem!" Less question marks, more exclamation marks now in my conversations. No, its not that I am shouting at my boss, just to express my excitement. Ooh, the memories!

Today has got nothing to do with inverters! I learn something new and different today. In the morning, Mr. James asked me to build two PLC cables. He gave me a diagram and the cables needed and left. I took the first few minutes to analyze and understand the diagram. The diagram given to me is exactly this:



The phone cable is given as is so I just need to solder the other end of that cable to a serial connector according to the diagram given. Notice that terminals 7 and 8 needs to be jumped together so I need to figure out how to do that. First, I soldered pins 2, 3 and 5. Not an easy task for beginners like me, I have to strip such tiny wires! Open up your home phone plug and see how puny it is! Then the soldering part. I need at least three hands to get it done easily! For terminals 7 and 8, I cut a small length of a paper clip and solder it at the terminals. Assembled the casing and its FINALLY done! Tested the continuity using the multimeter at the soldered terminals and it worked! ALL of them! What a relief! Otherwise I have to open back the casing and re-solder the wires! Phew~ Job well done! Later in the evening the customer came to collect the cables and some other things he purchased. 



After lunch and Friday prayer Mr. James gave me a DC drive to test it out. The DC drive is powered by either 110VAC or 230VAC and outputs up to 200VDC to run a DC motor. Connected the power cables and the potentiometer and switched it on. With the supervision of Mr. James, I measured the output voltage as Mr. James turned the potentiometer up and down. The voltage fluctuates accordingly (or if connected to a DC motor, its the speed that we are controlling). Everything is ok so I switched it off and pack. Here's the setup:



An indian customer came to pick up the driver and a voltage regulator at 5.30pm. Demonstrated how both devices worked. Also explained to him other features of the DC drive until he is satisfied with my explanations. I went back at 6.30pm after all the demonstration and explanation is done. Like any company's policy, customer is always FIRST so I have to make sure I did everything I could to attain his satisfaction before I can go home.

Now that I have hit the half-way mark, the only way to go now is FORWARD. And I'm looking FORWARD to it! Yesterday's HISTORY, today's a JOURNEY, tomorrow's a MYSTERY! (credits to Mr. Anonymous for this quote)

posted under , |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers