Day 21: Hairol the Fixer

Monday blues..its here again! Traffic is extra crazy, I am incredibly lazy, waking up feeling dizzy..hey I can make a poem out of this! Ok straight to the point. Today (and the days to come) I will be alone in my workstation. Feeling quite sad..but look on the bright side, I get more space to work on the assignments, more freedom to move around, make any mess as I like..wait, there's no need to be sad. In fact, this is the time to rejoice! Mine!! That table is all MINE!!!! Muahahahahahahahahh *evil grin*. Such a huge workstation and its all MINE!!

Ehem, sorry, I overreacted. Ok here's my workstation. If you look closely on the top-left corner you can see a silhouette of a man that looks like my collie..creepy



Naaah..I was just kidding! My collie is alive and well in his college. Something to tease you people to get rid of the blues. No fieldwork today. I was just learning some advanced functions of the Mitsubishi inverter and test the function and verify my understanding.

Towards the evening I did some soldering work to brush up my soldering skills. Nothing much to do but I try to find something to do like tidy up the workstation, fix the toolbox, reading the manual on the laptop and things like that. The laptop is in front of me and the internet is readily available but I try to refrain myself from surfing Facebook, Lowyat.net and even my email. That would impart a negative impression towards me. And I try not to sleep or do nothing. Like the internship supervisor once said, "If you have nothing to do don't just sit there and sleep". He's Indian so he has a slang of saying that and it sticks in my head really good!

In the last 30 minute of my working hour, I saw a wire extension residing on the dark corners of my workstation. It was broken last week after a power surge. It did not output any voltage when it is turned on. The fuse is still intact though. Out of curiosity I tried to find out what is wrong with it so I unscrewed the plug. Changed the fuse just to see if it will "magically" works again. Checked the continuity but it failed. Then I checked the live wire screwed between the fuse and the plug. Hey, I think I MAY have found the problem here.



The wire has got no metal wire sticking out of it anymore! I stripped the wire, screwed the whole thing back into place and checked its continuity. "Teeeeeeeeeet!" The multimeter beeps! It worked! I fixed it! Not a big deal but to me its a milestone! That's the purpose of engineers. To fix things! First you start by analyzing the problem. Then you try to figure out where the problem originates. Next you try to find a solution or alternatives to that problem and lastly test the solution to see whether that problem is completely solved. Great lesson I learn today despite having very little work. 

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers