Day 29: Lone Wolf

No fieldwork today so this is going to be a short post. I saw this remote-control like device at the edge of my workstation and wondered what it does and how it works. Out of curiosity I took a photo-electric sensor and plugged it into the device. Teeeeeeet! The buzzer within the device beeps. Ooo so now I know what this device does! It is actually a sensor tester! The buzzer will beep if the sensor is working. Connected it to a faulty proximity sensor and the device is silent, as expected.



The photo-electric switch is actually a proximity sensor but it uses light intensity to detect distance or obstacles. The small red LED behind it will emit light when something opaque (light-impenetrable object) comes near the sensor. The sensor then sends the "ON" signal to the controller for as long as the object blocks the sensor. 

After lunch I tested a customer's Mitsubishi inverter just to make sure its not faulty. This is another variant of the Mitsubishi inverter I learnt last week or two weeks ago. But the manual is in Japanese!! Fortunately the programming is similar to other inverter of the same brand so it is readily available in the laptop. I wonder how the customer is going to understand the manual later..Anyway, here's the picture of the inverter. The input is 420V so I have to use the external transformer to power it up.



Still waiting for a new collie..Getting kind of lonely now. The dispatch boy is often away delivering stuffs to the customer so I have no one to talk to in the office. I'm still in full control of the entire workstation so I try to keep it tidy and organized. The catalog stack on the far side of my workstation is a mess so I tried to build a book stand out of unused styrofoam and box leftovers but I couldn't find an appropriate glue to join them together. Then I got an idea that is to use a very long threaded screw to screw it together! It worked wonders and I even label each section to ease the search of a specific brand of a specific product. Not sure Mr. James will like it but at least the customer can easily know what we sell and the appropriate catalog can be shown to them in an instant!

posted under , |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers