Day 36: Welcome to Bootcamp!


The eighth Monday. Waking up in the morning seem a little difficult today after a 3-day holiday. Back to the same 'ol routine.

//Initiate normal workday routine
if (6.30 alarm == 1){
wake up;
iron clothes;
rcall bath;                 //call subroutine bath
dress up;
rcall Subuh prayer;     //call subroutine Subuh prayer
       .........
}
subr bath{
take off clothes;
turn on the tap;
       ..........
}

Seriously, life feels like a big program code! Even when I'm half awake, its automatic! Are we turning into a robot? I hope not.

Anyway, today I learn about two new device. The touchscreen PLC and the door sensor. In the morning its about the touchscreen PLC. Yes, you read correctly. TOUCHSCREEN! Like an iPhone! Well not that sophisticated but close enough. Mr. James just asked me to go through the software so I was not able to power it up and test the touchscreen feature. Too bad. Here's the device. Looks like a tablet PC from this view. Feels like you can surf the internet with that thing!



After lunch I was given the door sensor to test out. We are waiting for the green light from the customer for us to install this device so in the meantime Mr. James asked me to familiarize with the settings and features. Nothing out of the ordinary, its just like a proximity sensor with a brain. The relay is to simulate the door opening and closing. My workstation is quite a mess today because of a BIG display device occupying almost 3/4 of my workstation. Its the big black rectangular thing with white wording.



I just realized that the internship is actually your bootcamp prior to the REAL working life later. I discovered many of my weaknesses through fieldworks and when dealing with customers. I get to test my determination level to the max when installing inverters or troubleshooting a pre-installed ones. This is the time that people forgive you for making mistakes. This is the time where guidance is all around you and readily available. I don't think you'll have all of that after graduating later. 

There's plenty of daily situations that I can use to brush up on my weaknesses especially interpersonal skills. A  skill highly on demand among employers nowadays. Like one of my favorite quotes, "Humans cannot achieve PERFECTION, but there's always room for IMPROVEMENT" I guess I have to really utilize the last few weeks to improve on my weaknesses as much as I can. Indeed, internships can TOTALLY change or enhance a person's personality, way of thinking and of course, intelligence. But that's not all what internships can do to you. To me, at the end of it you'll become a completely different person!

Oops, this is getting too long so I'll stop right here. By the way, I saw on the news that our convoy to deliver goods and supplies to our brothers in Palestine was attacked by our arch nemesis, the Israeli Army. It seems clear that MERCY is not in their dictionary, and so does HUMANE. Maybe they have vocabularies like ARROGANCE, HATE and VIOLENCE on the first few pages of their dictionary. Let us all pray for the safety of our convoy and our fellow brothers in Palestine. I will do a "Solat Hajat" tonight after Isya' prayer. Its the least I can do.

posted under , |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers