Day 27: Entering the Next Level (2)

Today's experience is actually the combination of three previous daily titles, A Monumental Task, Unsolvable Problem and Entering the Next Level. Two major fieldwork today. In the morning we went to a factory in Sungai Buloh to install a 7.5kW inverter. We were called in because they need to replace the old inverter with a new one because the old inverter is no longer reliable. The motor is not running smoothly because of the old inverter. 

The inverter they purchased is the INVT inverter from China. The installation part is quite easy and less sweat than yesterday. The holes are already drilled so we just need to screw in the inverter and plug in the wires and start programming the inverter to match the settings of the old inverter. They only use the basic functions of the inverter so not much program codes are altered. After all of that is done, it is powered up just to make sure all the settings are correct. Thankfully, the motor is running accordingly and we are done for the first part of the fieldwork.

The journey towards the factory takes me very close to my home! Went through Subang Airport towards the last main junction to my house! So now Mr. James knows where I live. On the way back to the office Mr. James paid for my lunch in Mc Donalds!! Thanks Mr. James!!

The second fieldwork is actually about yesterday's glass factory problem but this time, I was asked to go there ALONE! I'm bad with directions and I only have a faint memory of the roads used to get there. Tried to recall all the landmarks and junctions and drove slowly with my eyes wildly looking for signboards with "Sungai Besi" written on it. Got confused at one point and took the WRONG junction. That happened TWICE! The first one I realized the landmarks are not familiar so I made a u-turn up ahead. Then the second one I mistakenly exited to KESAS Highway towards Puchong! Lucky I managed to find the nearest flyover to u-turn back on course. That cost me about 15 minutes of journey time and a toll fee! Finally managed to arrive at the factory! What a relief I felt at that point! I thought I would never get there!

Started to re-program the inverter according to the instructions given by Mr. James. Unfortunately, the problem is still there. I figured that the PLC is maybe faulty because it may not output a signal to deactivate the inverter. Mr. James called for reinforcement where he asked his collie who is an expert in PLC to come over. Few minutes later he arrived and connected the PLC on the control panel to his laptop. He managed to pinpoint the problem to the inverter itself! Apparently, the inverter did not shut down when the switch at the inverter is turned off. Supposedly, when all the switch at the inverter is turned off, it will deactivate inverter as well but in this case, it didn't.

Quite a stressful moment there. The PLC guy also seem to be stressed too because he himself is unable to solve the problem. Tried everything but nothing is able to solve the problem. Went back at 8.30pm today after failing to come up with any solution.

I managed to befriend with the factory supervisor, Mr. Jamal. He's a nice guy. He gave a lot of advice to me while I was doing my work. He told me that I need to improve on my wiring skills and he even helped me to install the inverter yesterday. He even gave me his business card and told me that I am free to call him anytime if I need advice regarding my internship or just about anything regarding life in general. He's also the one that asked about my age yesterday.

Things are getting harder now. I was expected to be more independent. I have a feeling that the days ahead is going to be a lot tougher than this. Still waiting for a new collie so that he can lighten my workload. Not that the work given to me is too much for me to handle, its just that I'm worried that I may not able to fully recover my energy and sober mind for the next day. But no turning back now, very close to the halfway mark.

posted under |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers