Day 33: Problem Solved!


No office work today so this is going to be short. Went out almost 90% of the working hour today.

Something peculiar happened in the morning. BLACKOUT!! Even the restaurant where I had breakfast nearby was affected! According to the neighbor, the blackout started since 12.30am last night! We are helpless without electricity! No internet, no fax, no light and no air-con! Lucky the phone was working. I was lost and don't know what to do because I can't power up anything! Now I realize why big big factories suffer HUGE profit losses because of no electricity. Was at the office until 10.30am but the electricity still did not recover. I wonder what had happened at the substation..

Feeling unproductive, we went out to the Sungai Besi factory to install the photo sensor I mentioned yesterday and to solve that inverter dilemma once and for all. Mr. Alex was there when we arrived at the factory. His task is to install the two sets of photo sensor and I was asked to concentrate on the inverter problem. Recall that the inverter is unable to deactivate when the switch at the inverter is in "OFF" state. The proposed solution was to bypass a relay that connects the switch with another brand new relay to isolate the signals coming from the PLC.

Mr. Alex had taught me how to connect the relay and in fact I have tested his teachings on Day 28 of my blog. Diligently wired the relays inside that dust-infested control panel. Fortunately for me, there was no cockroach in there or otherwise I would freak out and embarrass myself in front of the workers! Occasionally doubted my understanding but Mr. James came and enlightened me with the answers. Did a tiny mistake but later Mr. Alex came and fixed it.

Turned on the big machine to test the new solution. I was very anxious worrying that it might not work. About one minute after the machine runs, its time for the inverter of interest to run and test the new solution. Amazingly it worked! The motor runs and stops when it is supposed to! Problem solved! What a relief! I can sleep well now..

Went to Old Town Kopitiam in Puchong for a drink. This time Mr. James INSISTED that I order a meal. Wow, Thanks Mr. James!!

Still waiting for the visiting lecturer to visit me. Mr. James say that he still did not receive any calls from UNITEN. I just hope that this is not going to be a surprise visit because like I said before, me and Mr. James are like, "macam biskut chipsmore, kejap-kejap ada kejap-kejap tinggal habuk je.." On the other hand, its almost three weeks since my collie left the company. Still waiting for a new collie to assist me in my fieldwork and to fill that loneliness void in me. There's nothing I can do but to wait for both events to occur. The wait is sometimes mentally painful.

posted under , , , |

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

About Me

My photo
Born in Klang during the Year-of-the-Dragon on the month of Scorpio. Currently 171cm tall, quite skinny with the face of a 17 year old. Perfect Melancholy Personality trait. Timid, loner, hardworking, dedicated to a job and full of ideas. Loves to feed stray cats and often nicknamed "kucing" by friends.

Followers